COLONIAL MARKET DAYS
· A space for each approved sutler is pre-assigned based on the set-up information provided on registration form. Sharing your site with another business that has not successfully passed the jury process is prohibited: violators may forfeit their invitation to future events hosted by CMD. If you wish to share a site with another sutler, please contact CMD. If you are sharing a site, please be sure your application indicates all set-up dimension information for tentage to avoid infringing on another sutlers space. Sutlers may not set up or conduct business in the camping area.
· All participants must be in proper attire and use shelters and equipment appropriate to eastern North America between 1730 and 1790. Unacceptable attire includes fringed buckskin shirts and pants, 19th century waistcoats or vests, uncovered modern shoes (unless medically required), top hats, glengarries, straw “boaters” or 19th century flat crowned straw hats. Participants are expected to remain in period dress during the entire event.
· Acceptable shelters include simple lean-tos, diamond flys, marquees, wedges, or wall tents. Whelan’s, Bakers, Tipis, and single-pole pyramid or Hunter’s tents are not acceptable.
· You are expected to use period lighting (candles, firelight) for illumination in camp. Fluorescent or incandescent lighting is discouraged. Please be mindful of your fellow participants. You are expected to take all care with fires and candles and have a filled water bucket available at all times.
· Water and wood will be provided onsite. Per Lebanon Parks Department policy, you may not bring firewood from anywhere offsite. Ice will be available for purchase on site.
· With the exception of service dogs (ADA Title III), participants may not bring animals to the Colonial Market Days event. Cavalry units must check with CMD staff.
· It is the vendor’s responsibility to be in compliance with Indiana state tax laws. Vendor’s must have a Retail Merchant Certificate and should have a copy handy if needed.
· No modern packaging should be visible in your display. Do not use self-adhesive price tags or stickers.
· Our Trade Committee will continually inspect your appearance in camp, accouterments, etc.
· The sale, trade, or barter of alcohol and/or black powder is prohibited.
· Flintlock firearms only may be sold or traded.
· Sales of the following items will not be allowed: